Thursday, November 8, 2007

Last but not least

While it is highly unlikely that I will ever create a podcast I think that the technology is wonderful. The possibilities for sharing and learning are incredible. I can imagine this being used in the space effort, surely in medicine. As a teaching tool. Fantastic. I am not enamored with one more avenue for finding music, entertainment, movies, "stars", etc.

The UTube is ok if you have nothing else to do. I looked up Ron Paul being interviewed by Jay Leno simply because I know nothing about him. It was interesting but not something I could live without. I have been exposed to utube for a while now and, frankly, am not particularly impressed.

So, overall, I have achieved my goal of learning of new and different opportuinities on the internet. I have completed all assignments and I think the most enlightening thing I have gotten out of this is the knowledge of the unending windows that can be opened. Open one thing and then that leads you on tomany many more that you knew nothing about and might be interested in exploring.

This whole exercise for me was excrutiating. I didn't like one single exercise. But liking wasn't the objective; learning was. I am still confused about all the different accounts, passwords, going from one thing to another. It would be wonderful if there was a print out of the 12 quests so that one could continue to explore and iron out the kinks.

No comments: